"Diwali The Festival of Light and Joy " - My Favorite Festival

 

The festival of lights “Diwali” is finally here and it’s the time of the year when we would able to recollect all the fond memories. Diwali brings lots of memories with them. Every memory is wonderful and when we recall that memories a smile comes automatically on our face. Diwali is my favourite festival. Every year when winter starts the excitement of Diwali festival also comes with this. I love the vibe of this festival and I don’t know what the connection is but I really feel there is a connection between me and Diwali .Every year the excitement level is the same or one more level high.



When I went Kolkata for higher education, every year I took train and definitely visited my place to celebrate my favourite festival Diwali. This is my 3 rd. a year and I am away from my home my place but still I want to enjoy the same the vibe of Diwali. yes I definitely missed my parents but when you are alone you have more responsibilities and if you have the excitement of enjoying the festival .you research on the small things, like what things required in puja, how to do puja. I did the same my Diwali shopping is done. I cleaned my small beautiful shelter, purchased rangoli colour, Diya’s done, lights did, sweets done, dress ready, all the things are already ready and yes also, I wanted to make the sweets at this festival by own .it’s interesting part of the Diwali!



What’s your favourite festival? I would love to know!

Some of the unforgettable Diwali memories which we still cherish like:



Putting up lights and Diya’s in every corner of the house and making rangoli is one of the fondest memory growing up.



Making Gharonda is a very special childhood memory of mine .we siblings used to take some time after every work and make Gharonda every Diwali. Gharonda means home, which is basically a miniature house made with mud, clay, cardboard and decorates with colours, lights and Diyas and worships it as the symbol of happiness, prosperity of the family.



Cleaning is the most important part and lots of memories are there. “Diwali aane wali h saaf safai me lag jao” it’s the most heard thing which we siblings listen from my father. Before Diwali, every Indian people busy in their home to clean everything from bedsheet to curtains, from utensils to floor, to welcoming home our Goddess Laxmi maa and Ganesh Ji that day. We Indian celebrates this festival with the fullest cleaning is the best part of this festival as we clean everything, we paint our houses also. It is believed that which we heard from our parents, grandparents that Laxmi the goddess of wealth enters only clean and well-lit homes. So, the important aspects of the festival are to letting go of the old and welcome new things.



Danteras is the first day that marks the festival of Diwali in India and on the night of Danteras Diya’s are ritually kept bring all through the night in honour of Laxmi and Dhanvantari.

Hindus consider this an extremely auspicious day for making new purchases especially of gold or silver articles or any new things.



 

Crackers sound, we start to listen crackers sound before Diwali only. We enjoyed burning crackers in childhood very much but when we siblings grown-up we realised that burning crackers is not only a way to celebrate Diwali , we have other options like decorating our houses, rangoli making and eating lots of food and sweets, doing puja, visiting friends place and spending time with each other. It’s been more than 10 years now, I still remember that Diwali , when we sisters and my brother decided to say “NO” to crackers and from that the day we never burn any crackers.



After putting up lights and Diya’s, we finally go dress up .choosing what we wear on Diwali is also another level of excitement .and at night after puja we siblings jumped out on the varieties of food which my mother’s made that day.



The true spirit of any festivals is to bring family and friends together to enjoy life as it is which meant to be. This Diwali let the lamp on, the light of Diya’s on, welcome Goddess Laxmi and Ganesh with good things, with positive things and share the happiness, positivity with people around us. Let we recreate now the wonderful memories in the same way we did in our childhood.



💥💥Wish you all a very Happy Diwali 2020 and stay safe, stay happy.💥💥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The basic makeup products for beginners

A Letter To My Younger Self _A Perfectly Imperfect Tales

Things that make me happy all the time